Game Mechanics for campaigns determine how campaigns function during their playback and when creating them.
- Random chance.
- Direct input, within actual gameplay or a cutscene.
- Survival of a specific unit.
- Survival of at least, at most, a specific number or NOT a number of units in a group.
- Health of a unit, or combined health of several units.
- Deployment of a weapon, or a number of weapons.
- Answer to a given question, via either physical display or radio chatter. The answer itself is usually given by pressing a button.
These can then be linked to persistent variables, which can be used to decide the levels, the plot, the character set, or simply how the game is played.