Escorting the big guns to their positions.
Clearing the way...
The next aircraft is ready for takeoff!
Vessels which are primarily, well... sub-marine.
Warships (also known as Vessels) are naval Units that are equipped with some means of attack. There are several main types of warship:
- Destroyer - Protects larger vessels from other units.
- Frigate - Multipurpose, fast vessel.
- Submarine - Torpedoes other vessels, including other submarines.
- Torpedo Boat - A surface vessel, but otherwise the same as a submarine.
- Patrol Boat - Used to patrol an area with its speed and manoeuvrability.
- Minelayer and Minesweeper - Lays and destroys mines respectively.
- Battleship - Large, heavily armoured warships which attack with huge calibre shells.
- Aircraft Carrier - Launches aircraft into the air and retrieves them; also known as a naval runway.
There are two main types of groups for warships - convoys and fleets. Convoys include both warships and cargo ships, with the warships' role to protect the freighters from hostile aircraft, vessels (usually battleships and/or submarines), and cruise missiles. Fleets, on the other hand, consist entirely of warships, usually fighting against another fleet.