The game is played with eight players. Players each control a squad of eight soldiers on a 64x64 board. There are also numerous (randomized) hordes of zombies, which range from ten to fifty zombies. Each squad can move up to three spaces a turn; zombies can move four spaces a turn (to prevent stalling by running away from hordes). After all destinations have been selected, players and zombies will move. Before moving, squads may choose to attack nearby zombies, at a range of four spaces. This loads the regular combat screen, where players must kill all zombies before they are killed themselves (players have one life per squad). A single squad can make as many attacks as desired in a single turn. If zombies move onto the same space as a squad, they must be attacked immediately in close quarters. Players win if they kill all the zombies. Defeat occurs when all squads are completely eliminated.
- M9: Equipped if no other weapons are granted. It has a large magazine, but low damage and short range.
- M1911: A 1/3 chance of granting the squad an M1911, with or without a suppressor. It has a medium-sized magazine and high damage, but short range.
- AK-47: A 1/4 chance of granting the squad an AK-47, with or without attachments. It has a medium-sized magazine and medium damage, and medium range.
- M4A1: A 1/7 chance of granting the squad an M4A1, with or without attachments. It has a medium-sized magazine, high damage and the option between semi-automatic and automatic firing.
- Jeep: A 1/5 chance of granting two soldiers of the squad a jeep, which has a mounted heavy machine gun which is rather inaccurate after prolonged firing. One person can ride as a passenger and use their own weapon.
- Crossbow: Gives the player a 1/5 chance in each squad to wield a crossbow, with or without an optic. It is always a one-shot kill if it hits the head or torso, but can only fire once before reloading.
- RPG-7: A 1/10 chance of granting the squad an RPG-7, with or without an optic.
- Main Battle Tank: A 1/10 chance of granting three players of the squad a main battle tank, which has a mounted 105mm cannon, and a heavy machine gun which fires similarly to the jeep.
- Howitzer Tank: A 1/20 chance of granting one player of the squad a howitzer tank, which has a mounted 160mm automated howitzer. The howitzer can only operate when the vehicle is stationary.
- Mech: A 1/100 chance of granting one player of the squad a battle mech which has a mounted 105mm howitzer. The howitzer is extremely powerful and has very little delay between shots, but this vehicle restricts movement to one space a turn.